Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Making Our Tree Special: Ornaments

We have one box of Christmas goodies.  That is all I am allowed. Apartment living is a challenge at times and this is one of the places my husband puts his foot down.  One box contains all our lights, ornaments, and anything else I want to have that is vaguely holiday-themed.  So each year I buy ONE ornament and that is all.  Here are some ideas for making those ornaments special.

Personalized state ornament ($5.99 plus $2.99 shipping from Bragging Bags): I got one of these last year when we first moved to Wisconsin.  Frankly, I'm pretty sure it's how I learned what the state outline looked like.


Wooden heart ornament ($10 plus $5.15 shipping from Original Bridal Hanger): This is apparently intended for couples for their first Christmas together, but I have gotten something similar to this since we first got married and I think it's a nice gift for any couple.

Hand stamped ornament: The one on the left is $20 plus $4.50 from Little Freckle Designs and the snowman is $25 plus $3 shipping from Fired Up Hammer Ladies Hammer.  I'm leaning toward the snowman for our ornament this year.  I am loving the mixed metals.

Photo ornaments: There are a lot of these out there. It just sort of depends on what look you're going for on your tree.  The cube above can be customized with four pictures or phrases or artwork for $20 plus $5 shipping from Elusive Images and the beautiful glass bulb is $15 plus $6 shipping from PhotOrnament.  I think I'm going to get the cube for my sister-in-law for Christmas - she has four kids and I think each kid is going to get his or her side!

Glass bulb with thoughtful words ($19.99 plus $5.99 shipping): You could put whatever phrases or saying you want in here.  Lyrics from your favorite song?  Snippets of readings or vows from your wedding?  The crazy things your kitty says? 

No comments:

Post a Comment