Monday, December 08, 2014

7.8 Love - One Thing at a Time

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eighth day of each month is "Love."
****************************
I was a bit stressed out today (I was heard to be muttering to myself that we didn't even PICK OUT A PHOTO FOR OUR CHRISTMAS CARD yet and it's possible Dr. BB reminded me that it takes all of fifteen minutes to print them out at Walgreens).  It's possible I need to relax and break down my chores into fifteen minute segments.

So I ended up ordering the zombie ornament ($17.95 + $5 shipping from Peachwik). Look, I know it's not everybody's cup of tea, but The Walking Dead is a huge favorite in our house. It's really the only appointment television we have every week (except for this mid-season hiatus and now we have to wait until freaking February for more) and it really does represent 2014 to us.  I also know that it's sort of sacrilegious to the folks who think of Christmas as a religious holiday to be putting up zombie ornaments on our tree, but as a non-Christian in this country, I have to take advantage of my heathen ways when I can.
So, yes, I love this ornament. I think it looks great. It's a tad too big for our tree, but most ornaments are and I just deal with it.
Also, we got a care package from my mother with all our Christmas presents, so now I am happy to report that we have our first presents under the tree!  Woot woot!

Today's Christmas song is Belleau Wood by Garth Brooks because, you know, peace on earth and all.
'****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. "Heaven's not beyond the clouds / It's for us to find it...here."

    ReplyDelete