Saturday, December 13, 2014

7.13 Happy - It's Done!

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the thirteenth day of each month is "Happy."
****************************
Guess what I did this morning?!  I MAILED MY HOLIDAY CARDS. Okay, no one is as excited as I am, but because I insist on writing them all by hand for that fun personal touch, it took me longer than I remember taking last year, even though I culled the list (sorry girl I know from high school who has never reciprocated a card, but you are off the list).
I buy cards the year before when they go on sale after the holidays.  Only last year I didn't buy enough so I had to pay full price (GASP) at Hallmark for some more.  I also buy my mother, my inlaws, my grandmother, and Dr. BB's grandparents personal cards, so just the process of obtaining cards is somewhat tedious. Anyway, then I compile my address list, which is just a Word document I keep updated throughout the year, decide on a photo of us from this year and order a bunch of them from Walgreens, and write 10 - 20 cards a day so I can finish in a week.  I write and sign them, putting them in a big pile in front of Dr. BB's desk, and then he signs them.

The only part Dr. BB is then allowed to assist me with is putting a photo in each card and putting the stamps on. Then I seal the envelopes, use my return address stamp, slap some stickers on the front of the envelopes, and drive to the freaking post office.
I think I'm going to have to figure out a way to streamline this process next year.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment