Sunday, October 12, 2014

5.12 Dream - In Fifteen Years

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twelfth day of each month is "Dream."
****************************
We brought the cat home a little over three years ago and every night since, as soon as I turn out my reading light, she starts crying and yowling at the door to our bedroom. She was eight weeks old when we adopted her and she has never, not once, been allowed in our bedroom, but she still cries for a few minutes when we shut the door.

Dr. BB says she cries off and on for a few minutes all through the night, but I cannot corroborate this as I am a good little sleeper.
Sunday walk around the neighborhood. I made him say cheese as I pushed the shutter.
Last night, I shut off the light to my Kindle, set it on the dresser, and kissed the boy goodnight.  Five seconds later, there was a light scratching at the bedroom door and a pathetic “yoowwwaaaaroooow.”  I started giggling as Dr. BB moaned into his pillow.  

“I just know that in fifteen years we’re going to be listening to this exact same thing at night.”
This tree is a favorite of mine. It's really creepy, especially in the winter.
After a few minutes had passed and the complaining from the cat had stopped, I whispered to him, “I sure hope you’re right and that fifteen years from now we’re still together, the cat is healthy and happy enough to be a brat, and we’re both just as annoyed with her.”
Boo!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment