Thursday, October 1 - Hannah and I did our usual round of walks, including a half hour in the rain in the morning and a half hour in the rain after work. She was having a blast. I was...enjoying watching her have a blast. (I have to admit that I watched a video of someone training their dog to use the cue "look" to look at the camera and I probably should follow their example and train Hannah to actually look at me, but I just love how she looks in profile. I HONESTLY THINK SHE'S TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. ahem)
Friday, October 2 - Forty-five minutes in the (pitch black) morning and ten minutes around the (pitch black) block before bed.
Saturday, October 3 - Half hour walk with Dr. BB and Hannah after lunch. It is the first weekend for duck hunting season, so what that means is that there are gunshots all damn day and Hannah is NOT a fan.
Sunday, October 4 - More duck hunting this morning, so we did a quick 20 minute loop this morning, but we were out for almost an hour after lunch. We play a game where I pretend like I'm running to grab her and she runs away. Then I fall down dramatically on the ground and act like I'm dying and she runs over to jump all over me. We do this over and over again. Look, if you ever come to my town and see this happening, don't worry. We're both okay. Probably.
Monday, October 5 - Hannah and I were out for about 45 minutes this morning. We also did a ten minute spin right before bed.
![]() |
| Someone forgot to charge her LED collar, so she's just wandering around with an unnecessary necklace on this morning. |
Tuesday, October 6 - My best girl and I were out for about 35 minutes this morning. Her little doggy ears could pick up more than mine could and there must have been something scary out there because she was NOT HAVING IT. We did another half hour after work.
Wednesday, October 7 - We were out for almost an hour this morning. It was gorgeous out and we walked along the river. And then we did another quick ten minutes around the block before bed.
![]() |
| Um. I literally walk out the door with the dog with no prep. I don't brush my hair. I don't put on makeup. I mean, no one can see us because it's dark, you know? |
Thursday, October 8 - Today we did forty-five minutes before the sun came up. I want everyone to know that while I whinge about how the sun isn't out, I cherish my walks with Hannah. Life is short and starting the day with a long meander with my best canine friends is one of the absolute best parts of my daily routine. She is getting older and slower and I know there will come a day when I won't have my best girl and so I will not take any of our walks for granted. Plus, I get to see things like this. (We also did about half hour after work and ten minutes before bed.)
************
What's something cool you've seen on your CBWC walks?








Ugh, Doggo would not be cool with the duck hunting. She sends Hannah her sympathy.
ReplyDeleteDog walking time is precious. You get to see the world through your furry friend's POV.
Duck hunting and all those shots sounds horrible: for the ducks and the dogs. Ugh.
ReplyDelete"I want everyone to know that while I whinge about how the sun isn't out, I cherish my walks with Hannah. Life is short and starting the day with a long meander with my best canine friends is one of the absolute best parts of my daily routine." Awwww. This gave me all the feels. I feel this way about kids sometimes. Like I can complain about the bedtime routine AGAIN, but there will be a time very soon where neither of my kids wants a goodnight snuggle. Eventually, they won't even live in my house anymore. So, yeah. We can whine and complain and also appreciate that these are special relationships that mean so very much to us.
Walking our temporary little dog isn’t so much of a walk but a session of sniffing and peeing.
ReplyDeleteSweet Hannah! I just read a book in which there was a quote about two ways of living: thinking nothing is a miracle or thinking everything is a miracle. Sometimes when I'm out walking I do think everything is a miracle, I get the feeling that Emily Starr would call The Flash. Dog walks are something so important and to be cherished. I am writing a post about my dog(s) for Monday and it's reminding me just how wonderful it is that we have dogs.
ReplyDeleteFunny, un-dog-related story, yesterday I decided I would read Convenience Store Woman, since I won't be here for the discussion. I got one paragraph in and thought "wait a minute, I've read this before." So I checked my spreadsheet and indeed, I read it in Feb 2023. I rated it 4.5, but couldn't remember it really, so I checked my blog for the synopsis and it all came back to me! All of which is to say I hope you enjoy (although I feel like you've read it before?)
Hannah is beautiful and perfect and she doesn't need to look at the camera! And... obviously I don't have a dog, but I've walked other people's dogs at certain times, so I know there's something very deeply satisfying about it. My husband and I talk about getting a dog in our next phase of life. And I've also thought of getting a dog I could run with (continuing the discussion about safety from my post yesterday). Anyway... glad you're enjoying your Hannah time so much!
ReplyDeleteI love these photos. Despite not having one myself (and I never will), I am completely in love with all dogs. Hannah is very fortunate to have such a kind, loving, and selfless pet parent.
ReplyDeleteTaking Walks is such a perfect time to contemplate and appreciate. It's like exercise for your mind and your body.