Saturday, August 1
Day off
Day off
Sunday, August 2
30-minute yoga for tired legs
30-minute yoga for tired legs
Monday, August 3
30-minute conditioning yoga video at the student union during lunch - YOU GUYS. My arms and abs may never recover from this workout.
Tuesday, August 4
35-minute full body - Sometimes you actually have to lift a weight.
Wednesday, August 5
30-minute cardio with Fitness Blender - This was old skool for me.
Thursday, August 6
30-minute continuous yoga flow - Oof. Tough one.
Friday, August 7
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime*
30-minute posterior chain dumbbell workout
Saturday, August 8
40-minute yin yoga
I have been slowly chipping away at this ten best balance exercises to help with my bad leg and I finished it today. I'm going to keep trying to do one or two of these exercises a day.
Sunday, August 9
Day off
Monday, August 10
30-minute yoga video in the student union during lunchtime
Tuesday, August 11
10-minute upper body workout
10-minute lower body workout
10-minute standing abs
Wednesday, August 12
45-minute yoga class at the community center after work
Thursday, August 13
30-minute yoga video in the student union during lunchtime
60-minute Zumba class after work
Friday, August 14
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
Saturday, August 15
Day off
Sunday, August 16
30-minute upper body and abs
Monday, August 17
10-minute standing abs
20-minute evening yoga flow
Tuesday, August 18
Day off
Wednesday, August 19
45-minute yoga class at the student union after work
Thursday, August 20
10-minute quads and calves - I mean, maybe my form IS bad. This is mostly glutes in my world. Whoops.
10-minute standing arms
10-minute Japanese walking
Ooof.
Friday, August 21 - Monday, August 24
Days off
Tuesday, August 25
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute no repeat full body & abs
Wednesday, August 26
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
45-minute yoga class at the community center after work
Thursday, August 27
30-minute yoga video in the student union during lunchtime
Friday, August 28
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
Saturday, August 29
30-minute upper body and abs
Sunday, August 30
40-minute yoga flow
Monday, August 31
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
****************
Total: 20/31 (64.5%) of days 30 minutes or more
Cardio/strength: 10 days
Yoga: 12 days
Short stretch classes at lunchtime: 6 days
****************
I am losing steam. Ha. It feels like my 80% goal for the year is slowly slipping away. Oh, well. Onward.
****************
There's a lot in here if you are me and you know what to look for. I went away for the weekend and while I considered it "time off," you would probably not if you considered how many miles we walked and how much I jumped at the concert. It's also just that the days are getting shorter and, as many of you know, I suffer from SAD and I am struggling these days. But I shall persevere and try to get through this.
****************
Do you find your motivation for working out slipping this time of year? Or do you find more time once the kids go back to school?
I never work out on vacation or travel - I like spending my energy walking and exploring, like you say.
ReplyDeleteI think that's probably the right way to do it. It just ruins my 80% yearly goal!
DeleteThe weather has been making me cranky lately. I keep reminding myself that I'm running through the heat so that when it cools off, I can appreciate running in the nice weather. As much as I want cooler weather, I'm not looking forward to the DARK mornings.
ReplyDeleteYou're doing great- keep at it.
I'm doing my best. I hope this lack of motivation doesn't last forever.
DeleteI think I would have counted the walking and jumping, to be honest. I am struggling to keep my motivation. I think what I need is a schedule that I stick to. I was really good at that for a while, but then I did something to my tendons in my hips and I’ve struggled ever since. SIGH.
ReplyDeleteInjuries really can throw you off. It's hard because every exercise is a total body exercise.
DeleteYoga for tired legs sounds nice. I think I'll try it!
ReplyDeleteYay! I hope you like it.
DeleteGood work! Squats are always good for quads, but that IS a lot of glutes! As soon as you throw in sumo and lunges, it's a lot of glutes. I liked the heal raise thing in the sumo squat, I think I'll try that some time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so mixed about this season. Particularly this year after fantastic summer weather ALL the summer I don't mind autumn coming and I will certainly enjoy it, but also, seeing the deterioration (as in shorter days, cool mornings) is depressing.
September is such a figurative and literal sad month for me. So gloomy and saying goodbye to the best part of the year. Oh, well. This too shall pass and summer will be here again!
DeleteTwo things are true: I have more time now that the kids are back in school AND my motivation is blergh. Partly it's because it is still so hot outside and now that our pool is closed for the season, the only thing I do is run (because I'm cheap).
ReplyDeleteBut also, I don't know that I had much motivation to begin with. I need to keep reminding myself that even Michael Phelps doesn't want to get into the pool every day, but he does it anyway. "Diane, just do it for future you."
I'm setting my bar very low. If I can do 10 minutes of yoga a day, I'm giving myself a gold star.
Sometimes I set monthly challenges like 10 minutes of yoga a day or 5 minutes of ab work or whatever and it can motivate me. But I can be motivated to even make the goal right now. LOL.
DeleteI definitely take time of from exercise when I travel… unless I am working out WITH my travel partners (that happens) but yeah exploring and walking is movement enough! I think you’re doing great… and sometimes it’s discipline > motivation.
ReplyDeleteRight. It is discipline, of course. And I'm doing *something* most days, which is the best I can hope for right now.
DeleteI'm the weirdo who enjoys darker, cooler mornings, so I've been extra motivated lately!
ReplyDeleteThen this is a great time of year for you!
DeleteI feel you on the motivation slipping. Maybe not because of the darker cooler weather but currently I feel like hiding under a blanket. I think you did an amazing job in keep moving. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are active most days and as you said there is still walking the dog and jumping at concerts. tw things I sure didn't ... with all the other stuff you listed to add.
ReplyDeleteOh, sure, I'm not sedentary at any point and I guess that is a win. I just sort of expect more of myself. Oh, well. I'll make it though this and so will you!
Delete