Wednesday, October 16, 2024

2024 Q4 Goals

If you've been following this blog for long, you know that I like to set annual goals and then I do quarterly check-ins. You can see Q1,  Q2, and Q3 results. Here are my Q4 goals. Many of these are the same as previous quarters, but some are new. 

Area 1: Professional
1. Do a networking event on campus at least once a month 
2. Maintain fifteen or fewer emails in my work inbox 
3. Take off one mental health day for myself as a do nothing day during the quarter
4. Do at least one "professional development" activity a month - a webinar, lecture, etc. - this might be hard in December, but let's just go with it

Area II: Pets
1. Continue to track the number of times I walk Hannah, as well as the length of the walks
2. Grooming of some sort for Hannah every week (bath, nails, etc.)
3. Weigh Zelda at least once every two weeks to keep an eye on her weight
4. Do the prep work for Zelda to be ready for her big treatment in January

Too much cuteness.


Area III: Health
1. Formal exercise of at least 30 minutes or more on 80% of days 
2. Meditate at least three days a week 
3. Go outside for at least 24 minutes a day 

Area IV: Reading
1. Read at least one non-fiction book a month
2. Read at least one book I already own this quarter
3. Keep my reading spreadsheet up to date
4. Read at least one book every month to complete the top fantasy books by women authors list 

I'd like to read all three of these books this quarter. Can I do it?


Area V: Fun stuff
1. Hem my husband's pants
2. Go out of Wisconsin at least once (trips to Michigan and Iowa don't count unless I don't see family)
3. Track number of pieces of snail mail sent
4. Do at least one thing outside of my work, household, grocery store, or public library every week
5. Continue tracking expenses


Q4 Fun Stuff
6. Not necessarily "fun," but work on increasing the percentage I'm putting into savings.
7. I have three photos from my mom's house that I'd like to deal with - originally I had "get framed and displayed," but I honestly don't know if I want to do that for complicated personal reasons - I guess I just want to make a decision about this and then act on that decision even if the decision is "put the photos in a photo album"
8. Send mail to two people at least once a month outside of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas cards.
9. Go to a new-to-me museum
10. Go tot a new-to-me fitness class. This is a bit of a stretch goal for me because I'll probably have to leave my town to do this, but let's give it a shot. 

*****************
Do you have a fun quarterly goal for this last quarter of 2024?

10 comments:

  1. I don't know that I call it a goal, but I'm going to Italy on Friday! I'm so excited. It's been a lot to get ready, and then when I come back it will be time to get ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot woot! You're going to have so much fun!

      Delete
  2. LOL hemming pants is a BLAST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, that one does need explanation. In previous quarters, I said I was going to finish a project I'd been working on for ages. I haven't made ANY progress on that AT ALL, so I amended it to the relatively simple project of just hemming the pants. I can do that ONE THING, right?

      Delete
  3. You are a rockstar to hem pants. I outsource that because I cannot sew a stitch to save my life. *Sigh*
    You have so many goals. I am in awe. And also in awe of how much your accomplish of your goals list! Gold stars, Engie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, unlike other people, I have very little ambition to do things, so this keeps me honest.

      Delete
  4. I'm amazed by how you state and track your goals. While I get things done, I don't keep track of myself very well, but you are a rock star. Inspiring, especially the hemming pants part. 🪡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it's an aspirational hemming. We'll see if it actually gets done.

      Delete
  5. If hemming pants and tracking expenses are fun, then this weekend, putting my porch and patio furniture away will be an effing PARTY.

    I hope I remember that and approach it with the appropriate attitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be SO MUCH FUN. And imagine the satisfaction when you are finally done with that pesky task.

      Delete