Sunday, April 07, 2024

Cool Bloggers Walking Club Week 1: March 31 - April 6

Elisabeth started The Cool Bloggers Walking Club in which we intentionally walk for ten minutes a day in April. Here's my walking roundup for the week.

Sunday, March 31
34 minutes with Hannah in the morning
7 minutes with Hannah right around dinnertime
29 minutes with Hannah before bed
Before bed. Refusing to look at me.


Monday, April 1
27 minutes with Hannah in the morning
10 minutes back and forth to the student union for a yoga class - I also did some moving meditation/breathing exercises while doing this
15 minute walk with Hannah after work in the cold, cold rain
15 minute walk with Hannah before bed in the cold, cold rain
In the morning. Refusing to look at me.


Tuesday, April 2
30 minutes with Hannah in the morning in the cold, cold rain
20 minutes in the fresh hell of a wintry mix after work
20 minutes with Hannah in the wintry mix before bed

Wisconsin in April is bullshit. - Hannah the Dog


Wednesday, April 3
30 minutes with Hannah in the getting old very quickly wintry mix
24 minutes with Hannah in the same wintry mix (now with more wind!) after work
16 minutes with Hannah in the cold, cold rain

Still bullshit - Hannah the Dog

Thursday, April 4
30 minutes with Hannah (no precipitation!)
10 minutes back and forth to the student union for a yoga class
30 minutes with Hannah after work - cold and windy, but no precipitation! 
24 minutes with Hannah before bed
In this photo, Hannah is all nostril - also, check out those wonky ears!!

Friday, April 5
27 minutes with Hannah this morning
(I didn't track it, but I had a busy day on campus and probably put in 15-20 minutes walking from building to building)
41 minutes with Hannah after work
24 minutes with Hannah before bed
The snow is gone, but I still need winter boots because it's so cold still.


Saturday, April 6
33 minutes with Hannah in the morning
44 minutes after lunch with Hannah
8 minutes with Hannah around the block before bed
The river has flooded the riverwalk and Hannah is grumpy about how long we had to walk to go around.


Are you joining Elisabeth for CBWC? Have you been able to get a 10-minute walk every day?

24 comments:

  1. I think Hannah should qualify as a cool blogger!
    I did not walk much last week because of travel, jet lag, and rainy rainy weather. But really when I write that, I realize that those aren't really excuses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have a dog, I would definitely not be out there quite so much, but she takes all the excuses away. When I travel, I definitely let it slip a bit!

      Delete
  2. I second Diane; Hannah is a Cool Blogger By Proxy.
    I tried to walk this past week, but weather and migraines made it so difficult. I only got out three times. This week will be better.

    Hannah is so resentful of your constant paparazzi behaviour. It's getting old. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah gets so grumpy about these photo ops - I'm glad you can see her annoyance.

      Delete
  3. Well, you know I'm walking! I think you and I probably walk similar amounts, but mine is all in one go and yours is split up into sessions. I started going on super long walks in 2020, regardless of weather (why, what was going on in 2020, I have no idea) and now I just can't miss my daily walk. At that time I would go for a long walk for me, and then a shorter, MUCH slower walk with Barkley. Now I just go once, with Rex, and we clock between 5-7 km a day, depending on the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm impressed by your long walk with Rexie, Nicole! Do you carry snacks and water for him, or is he a trooper?

      Delete
    2. Oh, wow! I just don't really have a big block of time like that for walking Hannah. I wonder if she would like that more or less than her three walks a day!

      Delete
    3. Maya, I don't carry water because there is water at the dog park in the warm months, and also we walk by the creek, which he'll drink from if it's hot. He generally doesn't need it much though in the winter (also he eats snow when available). Engie, I have nothing but time on my hands, so much more so now that I'm not teaching, so I might as well walk! In 2020 I realized how much of my time was spent driving to various yoga studios to teach!

      Delete
  4. Engie--Such cool pictures! Your selfie with Hannah is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Hannah. It's so unflattering of her, but it makes me laugh.

      Delete
  5. Good idea. We are pretty well doing our own thing but missing on those awful days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I didn't have a dog, I certainly wouldn't be out there in the frozen precipitation, that's for sure!

      Delete
  6. Wait a minute! I've heard you get down on yourself about your workouts (not meeting monthly goals) but here you are, walking a TON! That counts! I mean, I know you're stopping some for Hannah, but still- you're out there in all kinds of weather. Walking is so good for you!!! I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit, exercise-wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The walking of the dog is the reason it's so hard to fit in workouts! I could workout in the morning, but I'm already getting up half an hour early to walk the dog! After work I get home --> walk the dog--> exercise --> make dinner and sometimes it's too late to do it all when I get home and I ended up working out right before bed. Hannah and I are mostly sauntering, so it's outside and I am moving, but the walks hardly count.

      Delete
  7. This is SO MUCH WALKING. I love it, Engie. And thanks for participating. I don't fit in nearly as many walks as you these days...clearly I need a dog!

    I didn't get to comment right away because I was on my weekly tech Sabbath...but now that I'm here YES I AM WALKING, TOO! I already did my requisite 10 minutes this morning (it was 45 for the school commute), but I'm hoping to fit in another walk later because it is finally sunny. It has been wet or overcast or just awful 75% of the winter and I am so over it. The only icon today. Sunshine. If I see even a whisp of cloud in the sky I will be putting in an irate call to the meteorologist because I want a full day of SUNSHINE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess not all people walk their dogs as much as Nicole and I do, but we also have dogs who otherwise lay about all day (I'm speaking for Hannah, a very lazy dog and shouldn't throw Rex under the bus), so I feel like walks with the dog are the best.

      YAS!! Our weather has turned a corner and it looks like lovely weather for the next week. I will be out there walking and enjoying the weather as much as I possibly can!

      Delete
  8. My week 1 report is daily walks plus strolls around the yard with Doggo from Mar 31 to Apr 4. On Apr 6 I went on one of my little trips. On Friday I walked from the Airbnb to downtown (about 2 miles round trip) and Saturday was a 20,000 step day with sight seeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strolls around the yard with a puppy! I mean, you should just document those and your work would be done. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

      Delete
  9. Hannah has the best facial expressions! I love those photos! I'm a bit late, but I'm going to jump in with the CBWC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm all about recruiting new people to CBWC.

      Delete
  10. I totally missed out on the announcement for the Cool Bloggers Walking Club but I love that you're all participating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not a member of the CBWC - but cheering you all on from the sidelines. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JOIN US!! It's never too late.

      Delete