Tuesday, March 05, 2024

February 2024 Accountability Buddy

I didn't quite make my goals this month, but I gave it the old college try. I also am sort of struggling with motivation, so I did more yoga this month than I normally would, but I'm going to give myself a break and be kind and say that at least I did something most days instead of nothing. 
*******************

Thursday, February 1
23-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 19)
10-minute vinyasa flow - All fun and games until she said "and let's move into this headstand" - lolz

Friday, February 2
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime*

Saturday, February 3
15-minute stretch class (in-person!)
15-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 20)
20-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 21)

Sunday, February 4
22-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 22)
10-minute Yoga with Adriene for Neck, Shoulders, and Chest

Monday, February 5
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 23)

Tuesday, February 6
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
45-minute body blast at the community center

Wednesday, February 7
30-minute total body with Sydney Cummings

Thursday, February 8
Day off

Friday, February 9
25-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 24)
5-minute Yoga for Sleep - I don't love when I have to do my workout right before bed, but sometimes it's the only time I can fit it in during a day. 

Saturday, February 10
35-minute cardio from BurpeeGirl - I like that this workout had no repeats. Also, this was a particularly halfassed workout, but I guess halfass is better than no ass.

Sunday, February 11
23-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 25) - She sang to Benji the Dog at the beginning of this video and it was the most adorable thing
10-minute deep yoga stretch - the woman who does the voiceover in this video has the voice of an angel

Monday, February 12
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute WERQ (dance) class

Tuesday, February 13
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute total body Sydney Cummings

Wednesday, February 14
17-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 26)
25-minute power yoga - some of these poses are not for beginners 

Thursday, February 15-Saturday, February 17
Off. I had a terrible reaction to a vaccine and spent most of Friday in bed and Saturday I was nervous to try too much.

Sunday, February 18
19-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 27)
15-minute flow with Cole Chance yoga - I really liked this video. Interesting poses and transitions. 

Monday, February 19
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Werq (dance) class

Tuesday, February 20
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
After work I went for a run! Outside! It was so lovely. When I came inside it was 46 degrees, so I think high 40s/50s are the best time for me to run. (It was verrrrry slow, but fun.)


Wednesday, February 21
25-minute Yoga with Adriene bedtime yoga
5-minute moving meditation - it's basically useless since there are no words, so I had to keep yanking my neck to look at the screen - it was good for me, though, because then I just went off script doing my own thing until the five minutes was up

Thursday, February 22
30-minute yoga class at lunchtime - There's a yoga class on Thursdays at our student union. It's free! It's just them showing a video from YouTube. I haven't been able to do it because of schedule conflicts, but I fit it in today.  Just me in my work clothes doing a downward facing dog.


Friday, February 23
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime

Saturday, February 24
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron series - day 1) - legs
15-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 28) - I was feeling lightheaded (maybe not enough water today?), so the sun salutations were not working for me today. I'll try again tomorrow. 

Sunday, February 25
20-minute Yoga with Adriene - finished that video from yesterday
28-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 29)

Monday, February 26
30-minute Werq (dance) class

Tuesday, February 27
15-minute stretch class at lunchtime
30-minute Caroline Girvan (Iron series - day 2) - arms

Wednesday, February 28
50-minute Yoga with Adriene (Breath - day 30) - The music was super distracting in this video. I recommend muting it. Overall, I like the Breath 30-day series, but the videos were so inconsistent in length (some were only 15 minutes! this one was 50 minutes!) that it was hard to fit in sometimes. 
Look at Benji just chillin' on Adriene's blanket!


Thursday, February 29
Day off

Totals: 22/29 (75.9%) days
13 days yoga
10 days strength/cardio
9 short 15-minute stretch classes at lunchtime
****************
*Our local healthcare group does free 15-minute stretch classes via Zoom three times a week. Come join us! It's free! It's fun! We talk about food in the chat almost every time! You don't ever have to be on camera. You have to register, but there's no cost. 

****************
The sweaty run outside in February is my workout moment of February. What was yours?

15 comments:

  1. All fun and games until she said "and let's move into this headstand" - haha.

    My max for yoga is 30 minutes. I really appreciate that Flow and Center are all 30 minutes or less. It's more that's all my mind can handle vs. my body.

    Workouts were pretty appalling for me in February, aside from doing yoga daily. I did do a short treadmill run (gasp) that felt pretty great a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yoga every day is such a commitment, though. I think that's very impressive. I've never done it for 30 days in a row (mostly because I wouldn't have time to also do strength training). Maybe someday!

      Delete
  2. I'm so inspired every time you post your accountability stats... I really need to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried a video once, can't remember if it was yoga or more general stretch, but there was no voiceover, just subtitles, so I kept having to crane my neck to read them--that doesn't work!

    Sorry about your vaccine reaction, glad you're past that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually starting to get a bit nervous about vaccines because the last half dozen I've had I've had major reactions (flu-like symptoms, etc., not like allergies or anything). This was a tetanus shot and I actually CALLED IN SICK one day because I had such a high fever. Suddenly I might become anti-vax (obviously, that's sarcasm).

      YES!!! If they don't give verbal instructions, how in the Sam's hill are we supposed to be able to follow without injuring ourselves?

      Delete
  4. Showing up every day (or most days) to do SOMETHING is really valuable. It seems like you needed a quieter month, but you still kept to a workout schedule.
    Sounds like February was a challenging month for you. I hope March is better- spring is coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm hopeful that I'll feel like doing more strength/cardio workouts in March. If not, I'll keep plugging away at yoga until things start feeling more like normal.

      Delete
  5. I'm currently doing Adriene's 2nd 30 day series, Yoga Camp, and yesterday's was 51 minutes, today's was 34 minutes, while some others are 20 minutes or even less. They really vary a lot. I have taken to checking the night before to see the length of the next day's video, so I can plan better. Working from home gives me a lot of flexibility in this regard, it's just a matter of what time I get up from playing my word games and start my yoga. Today I got started a little late, which meant a shorter walk, 45 minutes instead of an hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I was much more flexible about lengths of workouts when I worked from home. Alas, now that I'm in the office five days a week, I am much more conscious of how long they take. Sometimes I'm really squeezing them in and I get irritated if they aren't right around 30 minutes. But there are tons of videos that do meet my guidelines, so maybe I should stop being a brat about it.

      Delete
  6. I get so distracted with anything more than a 20 minute yoga video. I can do longer in a class, but at home... I've started to doing some of the Down Dog yoga videos on YouTube because they are pretty barebones and no music! But there is only one video per time frame per level. I guess they really want people just to get the app. I would consider it, but I'm very cheap about my workout/fitness...
    I think my best workout moment was biking to school and making it up the hills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If a video goes longer than 30 minutes, I can really feel that it's a stretch for me when I'm at home. It's really different in a class, but at home 30 is about my limit, too. I'm frugal about everything, so I don't pay for YouTube videos/apps, either. There is so much good free content out there!!

      Delete
  7. I used to do yoga when I went to the health club physically (I still do my fav teacher's online videos she recorded during covid - so much easier with my daycare), because the yoga class was right after my fav workout class. I really did like it, but I haven't done yoga in a long, long time. Hmm. I wonder if I should try to work that into my schedule a bit.

    My workout moment of the month was running outside a few times in February. It was fine, but afterwards I felt it. Funny how I workout a ton, but running can still make me sore in different places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running is hard!! The weather was nice enough that I ran outside once. It's fine enough that I should probably do more running these days, but I don't love to run. I honestly think I'd have to do it 3-5 times a week to improve and I'm just not willing to do that!

      Delete
  8. Sometimes your body wants yoga. You gave it what it wanted - go, you. I need to learn that lesson. I love that you do yoga at work in your work clothing! That shows that you're wearing the right clothes, in my opinion. Flexible and comfortable, yet professional. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my best to listen to my body. I think my body just kinda hates strength training, to be honest. LOL.

      Delete