Wednesday, February 22, 2023

4.22 Safety - Tie Your Shoelaces

Bestest Friend and I are doing a blog project. Every day we will write a blog post on a pre-determined theme chosen by a random noun generator. The theme for the twenty-first day of the month is "Safety."

*****************

You know how sometimes you're just running outside for a couple of minutes? Maybe to take out the trash to the bin? Or fill the birdfeeders? Or run to the community center that's just a three-minute walk away? And you don't really tie your laces, but you just slip on your shoes and maybe tuck your laces into your boots? Or maybe just let them hang out?


I think we can all agree that this is bad form and not very safe. But I'm lazy and tying my shoes is an annoying thing to have to do when you're only going to have to take them off in another three minutes. 

But, let this be my PSA. Tie your shoes! Don't be like me.

14 comments:

  1. Sue and I both had falls from this during this winter. Her fall was pretty severe although she escaped serious damage other than a very bruised face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you and Sue as I was rushing around to get to the community center with untied shoelaces! I should have just taken thirty seconds to tie them in retrospect.

      Delete
  2. Safety first! (And my boots have zippers.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am contemplating whether or not my next pair of winter boots will have zippers. It's probably a good idea for someone lazy like me.

      Delete
  3. Ugh, shoe tying is so tedious!!! And since I now wear shoes in the house, I feel like I am constantly tying and retying shoes. So annoying. I really need to buy some orthotic slip ons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, interesting. My in-house shoes are clogs or sandals, so I don't tie anything until I'm going outside.

      Delete
  4. Ben ONLY wears slip-ons for this very reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, but I cannot fathom slip on winter boots! I am outside walking the dog too much for that to be a practical solution for me.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, see, I am such a klutz that the idea makes me nervous! I can hurt myself so easily. I hope your luck holds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes ME nervous, too. I shouldn't be so lazy.

      Delete
  6. My husband doesn't always tie his shoes and it bugs me. He walks around just fine, but me? One loose shoelace and I'm tripping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it crazy how some people just get away with recklessness all the time? I worry about it the whole time I'm out and about with untied shoelaces and your husband is all footloose and fancy free!

      Delete
  7. Because of my ongoing plantar fasciitis, I almost always wear running shoes (I know! I'm very stylish.) While I always untie and re-tie the ones I actually wear for running, my non-running running shoes (eye roll) are tied in such a way that I can just slip them on and off. I guess it would be super annoying to always have to tie them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get away with making my boots more slip-on by tying the laces loosely, I would. I just don't think it would work with this style.

      Also, how is your leg doing these days? Are you having any pain while running? While not running?

      Delete