Tuesday, June 07, 2022

May 2022 Accountability Buddy

Sunday, May 1
30 minute total body Sydney Cummings video.

Monday, May 2
60 minute yoga class at the community center.

Tuesday, May 3
30 minute total body Fitness Blender video.

Wednesday, May 4
It was the first absolutely beautiful spring day here and I used it to go for a run after work. 

Thursday, May 5
30 minute leg workout from Fitness Blender. I was an absolutely sweaty mess by the end.

Friday, May 6
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime.
30 minutes of this yoga video. I wanted to do more, but life happened. 

Saturday, May 7
Went for a run on an absolutely gorgeous day. I also did a bunch of yardwork.

Sunday, May 8
Day off. We went to Iowa for my niece's First Communion. 

Monday, May 9
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime.
60 minute yoga class at the community center.

Tuesday, May 10
30 minute cardio class. It was so hot today and we haven't turned on our air and I'm a sweaty, unhappy mess. Why do I exercise again?

Wednesday, May 11
30 minute cardio class. 30 minute upper-body focused body blast class. We turned on the AC today, so I wasn't quite as wiped out as I was yesterday.

Thursday, May 12
Day off

Friday, May 13
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime.
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video.

Saturday, May 14
Went for a run on a lovely day. 

Sunday, May 15
Hours of yardwork - bending, lifting, dragging. Not a "formal" workout, per se, but I'm going to count it.

Monday, May 16
15 minute stretch class at lunch.
60 minute yoga class at the community center.

Tuesday, May 17
Went for a run in between meetings on a pretty perfect spring day.

Wednesday, May 18
30 minute cardio class.
30 minute lower-body focused body blast class.

Thursday, May 19
Day off

Friday, May 20
15 minute stretch class at lunch.
Run after work.

Saturday, May 21
Yoga with Adriene video and then I did some foam rolling to fill out the half hour.

Sunday, May 22
30 minute arm workout.

Monday, May 23
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime.
60 minute yoga class at the community center.

Tuesday, May 24
30 minute cardio/core class.

Wednesday, May 25
Day off 

Thursday, May 26
Day off

Friday, May 27
Run in the morning.
15 minute stretch class.

Saturday, May 28
A couple of Yoga with Adriene videos in the morning.

Sunday, May 29
30 minute arm workout from Fitness Blender.

Monday, May 30
Because of the Memorial Day holiday, I don't have any fitness classes scheduled this week.  One of my instructors sends links to things we can do at home when she's on vacation and I did the following circuit she sent along four times in about 40 minutes.


Tuesday, May 31
I did a couple of yoga videos to get me to the 30 minute mark. 

Totals:
26/31 days of formal workouts of 30 minutes or more
9 yoga workouts
16 strength/cardio workouts
7 short lunchtime stretch classes

I'm quite proud of this. I am really struggling with motivation and anxiety and I still prioritized working out. I did have a couple days where I chose reading on the couch instead, but I still hit my fitness goals and feel pretty good about it. 

If you're interested in free online stretch class at lunchtime, our local health care company offers them for free. See here for more information. It's $20 to pay for all of the classes for the month, too, but the stretching class are free. You can sign up at any point during the  month for free classes. 

7 comments:

  1. What a great month! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, "Hours of yardwork" absolutely counts as exercise! You're working some serious muscles there.

    I really like the stretching class. And every little bit counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur that hours of yardwork counts as exercise, 100%! You're moving your body - that's what exercise is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree that yardwork 100% counts as exercise! It's often a full-body workout! You had a great month! May was epically bad with me having covid and feeling pretty crappy for a good 3 weeks, and then having Will home at the end of the month. I'm hoping June is better but I have another kid on quarantine so it's not exactly typical, although I have been doing 3-mile stroller runs with Paul. Which OMG they are so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are suer diligent and must be very fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job! You got in a good mix of strength, cardio, and yoga. And runs!!! How exciting. Yardwork definitely counts as exercise! I always end up sore after doing yardwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and I also meant to comment on the "Stars, Stripes and Sweat" workout. Very cute idea- I love it!

    ReplyDelete