Thursday, March 03, 2022

February 2022 Accountability Buddy

Tuesday, February 1
PT this morning. He was determined that I turn as red as a tomato.
30 minute yoga class and 30 minute tabata class after work. The tabata class was cardio-based and I learned my lesson from last weekend that too much HIIT would irritate my back issue, so I modified quite a bit.  

Wednesday, February 2
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime.
30 minute body blast class after lunch.

Thursday, February 3
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video.
PT exercises.

Friday, February 4
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime.

Saturday, February 5
I tried; I really did. I did about 12 minutes of a resistance band video and implemented my "if you don't want do do something after 10 minutes, stop doing it" rule. I hate not doing 30 minutes of activity for two days in a row, but clearly my body is telling me something.

Sunday, February 6
40 minute Yoga with Adriene video. I was just going through the motions but it is done.

Monday, February 7
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime.
60 minute yoga class at the community center after work.

Tuesday, February 8
PT this morning.
30 minute yoga class, 30 minute tabata class after work.

Wednesday, February 9
15 minute stretch class at lunchtime.
30 minute body blast cardio-focused.
PT exercises.

Thursday, February 10
No workout because I was busy and didn't prioritize it.

Friday, February 11
No workout because the winter blues are real and I fought and fought myself, but I just couldn't spring up the energy to get off the couch.



Saturday, February 12
60 minute slow vinyasa flow with Two Birds Yoga. 

Sunday, February 13
40 minute low-impact cardio. I had a rough night with back pain, so I'm not trying anything too strenuous, but I do want to keep my lung capacity in a good place. (That video has a lot of positive, self-affirmation, cliched talked. If that's not your jam, you might get annoyed. I was able to just tune it out.)

Monday, February 14
60 minute yoga class at the community center.

Tuesday, February 15
No workout. Insert excuses here.

Wednesday, February 16
15 minute stretch class at lunch.
30 minute glutes and abs class, followed by 30 minute body blast (leg-focused).

Thursday, February 17
35 minute Yoga with Adriene video

Friday, February 18
No workout.

Saturday, February 19
40 minute old school walking with Leslie video.

Sunday, February 20
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video.

Monday, February 21
15 minute stretch class at lunch.
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video. Because of *reasons,* I've been having to exercise after dinner/before bed and I don't want to do anything that will keep me from sleeping, so that's why there's so much yoga.  Something is better than nothing.

Tuesday, February 22
35 minute Two Birds Yoga video.
30 minute tabata class.

Wednesday, February 23
15 minute stretch class at lunch.
30 minute upper body strength training video.

Thursday, February 24
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video.

Friday, February 25
15 minute stretch class at lunch.
30 minute Fitness Blender workout

Saturday, February 26
30 minute Yoga with Adriene video. I was having a very stiff day, to this was a struggle. Ha.

Sunday, February 27
30 minute cardio video

Monday, February 28
15 minute stretch class at lunch.
60 minute yoga class at the local community center.

Totals: 
22/28 days of formal workouts of 30 minutes or more
12 yoga workouts
10 strength/cardio workouts
9 short lunchtime stretch classes

I'm actually quite proud of this. February is hard for me and I fought for this. It's not a great percentage (78.5%), but it's better than 0%.  

9 comments:

  1. February was brutal.
    Your: Tuesday, February 15: No workout. Insert excuses here.
    That would be me every day. The only thing I did was walk. I did it everyday, but often only the bare minimum of my 1km. I just need some sunshine. And no ice.
    I can't suck it up and do video workouts; they just feel too soul-sucking for me. But I am always endlessly impressed with what you do in a month in terms of workouts. Go you! Lots of gold stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did great! Lots of yoga... I like yoga. So how is your back doing? I hope it's better. Taking rest day is perfectly fine- 78.5% is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have incredible willpower, and that is a nice collage too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great. You move 78,5% more than a lot of people ;) always remember that... and rest days are totally ok, even necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did great! February sounds like a tough month for you, but you pushed through - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Working out 22 of 28 days during a brutal month is something to be so proud of! Heck, if I can work out 3 times per week, I consider that a win. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dude, don't sell yourself short! February just generally stinks, all around. You listened to your body, did what you could, and lo and behold, we are now shifting towards (dare I say it?) *spring*?!?!? Soon we'll be complaining about the humidity and the heat. I can't wait! :)

    I do appreciate how much yoga you do. I just... never have gotten into it. Too much mystical, reflective talk for me. I *should* do it more, though. Sigh. Any recs for yoga that isn't too, well, touchy-feely? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do recommend Yoga with Adriene for beginners. She's not very woo-woo. Occasionally she'll veer into something, but she's always careful to say that if it what she's saying doesn't resonate with you, just focus on the breathe and movement. I'd just pick one of her 30-day challenges and try it. I also like Two Birds yoga, but I do feel like that's a bit more intermediate - some of the moves are quite challenging!

      Delete
    2. OK, thanks for the recommendation! I tried PiYo? (I think that's what it's called?) early in the pandemic (see also: gym closed) and had neck pain for a week. For some reason, I've been conflating that program with Yoga with Adriene. We'll see how it goes! Thanks!

      Delete