Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Ending Neck Pain: A New Pillow

This not a sponsored ad. It is about a product I LOVE and paid for with my own damn money.

About the time we were leaving Minneapolis, almost a decade ago, I started suffering from neck pain and stiffness. It wasn't an all the time thing, but it wasn't unusual that I couldn't move my neck to the left to look out the car window or that when I would sit down, a pain would radiate down my back from my neck. I hold all my tension in my jaw, neck, and shoulders, so I would always just chalk it up to stress and sort of tell myself to DEAL WITH IT ALREADY.

So then I started doing all the things that are recommended for dealing with neck pain. I lost the extra weight I put on after I broke my leg, I started doing yoga regularly, and I stretch and I stretch and I stretch. I still had neck pain, but at least I could tell my doctor that I was doing all the things.

I was browsing an unspecified social media platform a couple of months ago when someone posted about the miracles of sleeping with a special pillow for side sleepers. I had never heard of such a thing and the metaphorical needle scratch that went through my head was incredibly loud. Imagine if I had done all the things and all I really needed was to switch my pillow, which, by the way, not a single person had ever mentioned in my quest for the ability to turn my head in both directions like a normal human being.

Enter the Honeydew Sleep Company's Scrumptious Side Sleeper pillow.

This has legit changed my life.

I slept on it for two nights and woke up with such increased mobility that when my yoga instructor said to do an ear drop to my right shoulder, I was able to move more than a fraction of a centimeter. That cut out bit in the middle means I'm not forever trying to punch the pillow up under my head - the pillow IS ALREADY UNDER MY HEAD. Whenever I turn over in the middle of the night, absolutely no adjustments need to be made because the pillow is already perfectly positioned.

Now, I love this thing. I talked about it for two weeks straight before Dr. BB also dropped a c-note to buy one. But his head is too bit for it.  When he put his head down on it, his head hit our headboard. So it's not for the big-headed.  You know who you are. I'm not mad about this because it means I have an extra pillow when this one gets gross because you know that pillows need to be replaced all the damn time, right?

Behold! The extra pillow that lives in the guest room.

So, I'm not telling you what to do. But if you're the kind of person who isn't sleeping well right now and you're the kind of person who sometimes holds their tension in their upper body and you're the kind of person who always sleeps on their side, you might be the kind of person who could benefit from this ingeniously designed pillow.

And that's it. That's what's making me happy right now.

1 comment:

  1. OMG This is amazing! Thank you so much for the kind words and for helping to share the love about our pillows :) I am so happy to hear that our pillow has made such a big difference in your life. Sweet Dreams!

    ReplyDelete