Friday, March 13, 2020

The Weirdest Week Ever

I'm transitioning jobs.

Last weekend I cleaned out one office.

Then I spent Monday desperately trying to get everything ready in case we had to stay home for weeks on end because *waves hands desperately* COVID19.

Then, despite increasing concerns and calls for social distancing, I went to Madison for a conference on Tuesday. There were folks from  several University of Wisconsin schools, from Oshkosh to Parkside  to Milwaukee. Was that a mistake? Who knows?

On Wednesday I started my new job.
It's so much new information. I'm just reading, absorbing, making new contacts.  And it's exhausting. I have a new schedule. Dr. BB and I have texted more about animal feedings and food preparation in the last four day than the last two months.

Meanwhile, the University where both Dr. BB and I are employed decided on Tuesday to begin Spring Break a week early and move all of its classes to alternate formats (online, I guess?) until April 17 at the earliest. We employees still have to show up for work, though, so that's a thing. We're working in a ghost town.

At the same time, Hannah got sick.
She was sick in her kennel overnight and the poor baby just looked so miserable. We immediately called the vet and since she's such a frequent flyer, the vet just wrote her a prescription without even seeing her.  She took a few days to get back to her usual self, but I was literally just bragging about how healthy she'd been and this felt like a real setback.

Anyway, we finished up her first obedience class session on Tuesday night and she's going to be bumped up from Basic Obedience to Intermediate Obedience in the next session because she's such a good, good girl. 

Zelda the Cat doesn't care an iota about COVID19 or new jobs or sick dogs or changed schedules. She's mostly just pissed that her eating schedule is slightly off.  FEED HER OR ELSE.

No comments:

Post a Comment