Tuesday, March 24, 2020

NGS on Lockdown, or, COVID-19 Prevention

A Day in the Life During Strange Times
7:00am - The alarm rings.

7:00 - 7:30am - I walk the dog around the block, train, and feed her while Dr. BB empties the dishwasher, makes tea, and feeds the cat.

7:30am - 8:00am - Shower and get dressed in clothes that I won't be embarrassed to show if a conference call suddenly happens.

8:00 - 8:30am - Check my email while I eat breakfast. I also allow myself to check social media and the news at this time.

8:30 - 10:30am - "Work"

10:30 - 11:30am - This depends, but most days we try to get some sort of workout in during this time period. It's also when we go to the store if we have to.

11:30am - 1:30pm - This is a bit variable. During this time, I take the dog for a walk (30 - 60 minutes), eat lunch, and goof off.

1:30 - 3:30pm - "Work"

3:30 - 5:30pm - Do something around the house. I reorganized the pantry on Sunday. I cleaned my desk off and wrote this blog post on Monday. I plan on doing some small sewing projects on Tuesday (sewing on buttons and tacking down the back of one of Dr. BB's ties that he may never wear again if we're social distancing for eighteen months).

5:30 - 7:00pm - Make and eat dinner. If dinner is quick and/or a crockpot thing, we might watch an episode of some comfort television (Buffy and Great British Bake-Off right now). At 6:00pm on the dot, we train and feed Hannah and then feed Zelda. If this begins any later than six, the cat might murder us.

7:00 - 8:00pm - Television time.

8:00 - 9:00pm - Walk the dog.

9:00 - 10:00pm - Get ready for bed, take out the cat's litter, brush pets' teeth.

10:00 - 10:15pm - Go to bed.  Read in bed for as long as it takes to pass out.

NOTE: I really do work most of the time I have "work" in quotes. It's just that everything I'm doing seems so far removed from actual reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment