Wednesday, July 15, 2020

2020 Yearly Goals, Quarter 2

My original post is here. First quarter update is here

Area One: Health
1) Work out three times a week for 30 minutes or more: Okay, I'm going to go ahead simplify these goals to just say work out three times a week because that's about all I can handle these days. I worked out 51 times during this quarter, which is about all the record-keeping I did, so while most of these were either half hour runs or hour long yoga classes, I can't tell you for sure.  So 56% of the days I worked out and that means 3.9 times a week. I'm pretty sure I met this goal, but I'm just going to simplify it from here on out.

2) Work out an additional two times a week for at least 15 minutes: I am not up to working out 5 times a week, so no on this one.

3) At least two strength training workouts every week: Nope. I have a thumb and shoulder injury and have been really babying them instead of lifting. Maybe I'll do better next quarter.

Not a stellar performance, but definitely not the worst. I really have to figure out a way to make my record-keeping more streamlined. 

Area Two: Professional
1) Get my email under control and keep it there (try to keep the inbox to 15 emails or fewer at all times):  Mostly done. I have to go through it all every couple of weeks to get it down, but I manage this pretty well, I think. 

2) Volunteer position:  I'm on the board for my local community center.  I'm head of the programming committee and I'd like to get a program started in 2020 - This is just not happening since we're not doing anything at the community center except holding board meetings and arguing ferociously over whether or not it's safe to reopen. 

I was going to start a movie night in our theater and the licensing fee has been greatly discounted, but I just don't know if it would be profitable at all for our facility if we can only have a handful of people in our building and we can't serve concessions.  Argh. I probably should hold a committee meeting, though.


Area Three: Communication 
1)  Post to Instagram once a day: I posted 59 times, which is 64.8%.  I'm not going to lie. It's hard when you never leave a four square block area and your dog is sick a bunch, but I'll strive to do better. I think 80% would be nice.



2) Update blog at least twice a week: I posted 11 times in April and May and 14 times in June, so that averages to 2.8 times a week. Yay! Nailed it.

3)  Keep track of books read: Yes, I do keep a list!

4) Send a postcard/note/letter to my mom, aunt, and uncle every month -  I did this in April and June, but May got away from me.  

Area Four: Personal Improvement Projects
1) Tackle one project around the house every week: Ha ha ha. I think I did this twice.
  
2) Duolingo every day: Yes!  I did this every day. You can see the "94" and that's my streak - I've done it every day for the last 94 days.  Woot!

Duolingo has a relatively new feature with stories and I can understand relatively simple stories in Spanish now.  Maybe a goal in 2021 will be to read the Harry Potter book I have in Spanish.

3) Take at least three more classes with Hannah: Hmmm...well, there are no in-person classes because of the pandemic, but we did do 5-10 minutes of training once a day until Hannah got sick. She's currently unable to do much of anything, much less training, but we'll pick that back up one she's feeling better.

4) Try a new recipe every week: Ha ha ha.  No. We did try two new recipes, both of which were flops.  

No comments:

Post a Comment