Friday, February 08, 2019

Five by Friday Edition

1) In the midst of winter weather insanity, we got news that the farm where we have gotten our CSA for the last six years (seven?) is going out of business for a variety of business and personal reasons. This sent me into a spiral because, as far as I can tell, there are only two other options for CSAs in our area (that I will be able to pick up in town) and those options are kind of big farms, not the small farm I'm used to. However, I will be getting recommendations from my book club folks on which CSA I should switch to. I'm incredibly bummed about our original farm, though.

2) In order to deal with my current anxiety level (through the roof), I'm doing a 30-day home yoga program and I've done seven days in a row. It's helping a bit, although I'm still peeved that my foot injury keeps me from doing all of the poses. Regardless, it feels good to be back in action.

3) My father retired from medical practice a few years back. He had sort of proudly declared that he hadn't read a fiction book in decades.  It was a tremendous surprise to me when he handed me the newest Robert Galbraith book after he had read it and said he'd be interested in my thoughts once I had finished. We're going to turn that young man into a reader after all.

4) We have had the same meals for dinner for the last three weeks. Frittata and a chicken dish in the crock pot. I like these meals, but I'm a bit disappointed in our cooking rut.  On the other hand, it's been nearly impossible to actually get to the store because of weather nonsense, so we're really using everything we have in the house.

5) I'd like to put in a plug for Yaktrax. I don't even know how I got through winter without them. My husband's aunt put in a plug for Jambu Flex Climbers, a shoe that has retractable spikes, because my biggest issue with Yaktrax is that they're a pain to put on and off, but you can't really wear them on hard wood or tile because you'll break your neck, but it looks like Jambu no longer makes that boot. That's disappointing. Anyone know of another winter boot with retractable spikes?

No comments:

Post a Comment