Friday, September 21, 2018

Electric Toothbrush Boogaloo

Last time I talked about my electric toothbrush woes, I was super disappointed in our new one. My main gripes were that the storage for the toothbrush heads was ugly and inconvenient and that the travel case was terribly designed. I also had a beef with the one button design because it was hard to change cleaning settings.

Over Labor Day weekend, that toothbrush just stopped working. I'm not going to pretend that I was sad because I hated the stupid thing, but we had spent close to $200 on it and I was mildly upset that it only lasted for about a year.  But, whatever, since we were out of town in a place with actual brick and mortar stores, I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to buy a new toothbrush.

And lo and behold, they had my OLD toothbrush, the Philips Sonicare FlexCare+ 7 series. You guys, I'm in love. Look at the lovely base!  You can put the rest of the cord in it so it's all tucked up nice and neatly. The toothbrush heads are neatly organized!  There are two buttons so it's not a giant process to change the settings you want to use (my husband uses the "Clean" setting which is 2 minutes long and I use the "Gum Care" setting which is 3 minutes long).  It's so beautiful.
And the travel case STORES the heads with the plastic protectors on.  My toothbrush needs are once again quite well met. 

This toothbrush is cheaper than the old one and, fingers crossed, should last more than thirteen months. 

If you're in the market for an electric toothbrush, this one is a good choice. My dentist recommends Sonicare (mostly over Oral B) and I recommend it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment