Monday, September 10, 2018

2018 CSA Week #14

This week's basket is demonstrating the shift from summer to spring.

Garlic (2)
Tomatoes (3)
Fennel (1 bulb)
Parsley
Spaghetti squash
Sweet peppers (4)
Leeks
Kale

I can't even with the CSA right now. I know that every single person reading this is busy, so me saying I'm busy is probably exactly worth the eyerolling you're doing. I'm too busy to deal with this crap.

The squash is horribly inconvenient for us. I never know what to do with spaghetti squash because the rule is to cook it up and then serve it with marinara sauce, but marinara is a no go for us because I hate it and it's too acidic for the other human. I hate it. Maybe I'll find someone to give it away to.

I'll eat the peppers and tomatoes raw because they're super delicious.

We used most of the kale in a frittata over the weekend.

I have leeks left from the last basket, so I think I'm going to make some potato leek soup. It's even starting to get a little bit chilly outside, so it will be seasonably appropriate.

The garlic? Eh. I have six bulbs now. Anyone need any?

No comments:

Post a Comment