Monday, August 27, 2018

2018 CSA Week #12

Before I picked up the basket this week, I ruthlessly purged our vegetable crisper. Anything I was not 100% positive we were going to use in something in the next five days was thrown away without any regret. Sometimes you just need a break. So I started this week with some carrots, some beans, and one onion.  Here's what came in the basket.

Tomatoes (x4)
Carrots
Leeks (x2)
Kale
Lettuce
Cherry tomatoes*
Delicata squash
Garlic
Sweet red peppers (x3)

So the next two weeks of my life are going to be insane. I am going to be out of town for a lot of it, school's going to be starting, and my mother is selling her house.  I'm going to be honest with you when I tell you that I don't have a plan.

I threw out the lettuce because it was gross.

I'll eat the tomatoes and peppers raw because they are delicious.

We're going to eat the squash for a side one night.

We'll use about half the kale in a frittata.

As for the carrots and leeks, I don't know. I'll probably make another batch of carrot soup at some point, but that point is unlikely to be in the next two weeks. What will I do with the rest of the kale? I don't know. Maybe I'll saute it as a side for myself with a lunch or dinner. Maybe I'll even use a leek in that side.

I don't know anything is what I'm saying to you.

*We actually didn't get cherry tomatoes for which I am SUPER pissed. I'm going to take that email and go to the Farmers' Market and DEMAND cherry tomatoes. I think, with most things, I would not care if they were missing from my basket, but I look forward to cherry tomatoes SO much and we rarely get them. (I'll actually politely ask where the tomatoes were and then take whatever answer they give me. You know this, right? I won't demand anything and I won't be mean.)

No comments:

Post a Comment