Monday, July 16, 2018

2018 Yearly Goals, Quarter 2

Here's my original post on my yearly goals. Let's see how the second quarter went.

Area One: Fitness Goals
1) Workout four times a week - I met this goal 11/13 weeks. On average I worked out in some way on 4.23 times a week. I really feel like I'm doing well with this.

2) 11,500 steps a day - I didn't meet this goal on nine days of the 91 days for a 90.1% rate. It's not my best showing, but I do have some reasons why I didn't meet my goals on those days. Most of the time I was traveling or sick, so I think this is reasonable.  My average step count, including the days I didn't meet my goals, was 12,250 steps a day, so I think this is okay.


3) Track food intake each day - Ha ha! I did not do this a single time.  Next quarter, I think I'm just going to set a daily goal for how much water I drink. That seems easier and more like something I'll actually do.

The fitness goals are going pretty well.  I don't have any complaints.

Area Two: Communication Goals
1) Update my blog twice a week - In April, I posted 11 times, in May 9, and in June 13. That's an average of over 2.5 a week! I think this is the first time I've actually accomplished this goal in the three years I've been writing it down as a goal.  Yay!

2) Make contact with four people (MDTT) at least once a week - 92.6% rate of completion. This is pretty good for me. I feel like it should be 100%, but I definitely feel like I'm in better contact with important people since this has been a goal. I'm actually going to add another person on my list for Q3 (N), so that will be exciting for me.

3) See my mom four times in the year - I saw her once this quarter. I'm going on vacation with her next quarter, and I'll see her twice in the last quarter, so I think this goal will be met easily.

4) Send a letter or postcard to my grandmother and two of my elderly aunts at least once a month - I did this. On the last day of every month, I totally sent them cards. Ha! It's hard when there isn't a holiday to send a card for, but I get it in every month.

I'm happy with my progress in communication goals, too.  I'm hoping this is good momentum for the rest of the year.

Area Three: Finances
1) Track every penny I spend each day - I did this for about two weeks and just stopped. Ha.  I think that because I'm not actually doing anything with this data and I'm merely collecting it, I'm just not too into it. We'll see if I can get the momentum back in the next quarter.

2) Low buy year - Ha ha ha!  I don't want to talk about this one. I am not doing so well at this. It definitely goes hand in hand with not tracking my spending.

3) Save $XXX to savings account each month - Mixed here. I did this in April and June, but not May. However, I added MORE in June to make up for missing May, so it all averages out to the the same.

This is definitely an area where I could improve. 

Area Four: Personal Improvement Projects
1) Complete three sewing projects this year - I have literally only sewed hems on three pairs of Dr. BB's pants. That's the entirety of my sewing in this quarter. I feel like sewing is more of a cold weather hobby for me, so it will pick up in the autumn and winter.

2) Spend 10 minutes a day on Spanish practice - 100%.

3) Complete the Book Riot Read Harder challenge this year by reading two of the books each month - I've totally done this.

Area four is a mixed bag. Sewing could be better, but I think this is actually pretty okay.

Area Five:  The House
1) Brush Zelda at least three times a week and brush her teeth each day - I brushed her fur at least three times a week on all but one week! That's a great improvement for us. On days I was home and we had her toothpaste (they don't stock the kind she likes at the pet store so I have to get it from her vet and her vet is in the next town over and it's opened limited hours and I always forget to go when it's open), I only missed 5 days. Awesome. That's good enough for me.

2) Complete items on Tody list every day - This is a mixed bag. So I don't do it every day, but I try to get caught up once a week and I do manage to do that. The house is a lot cleaner now and it's easier to keep clean if you dust once a week instead of once every three months.

We'll keep on keeping on these goals and see how they go next quarter.

2 comments:

  1. I always love these posts! You are doing so great with your goals! Which app do you use to track your steps (and wow - look at those totals! that must be so gratifying!)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just use the Fitbit app. It syncs with my Fitbit and I don't have to do much with it. It has a good mobile site and the desktop version is how I can get the graphs for multiple months.

      Delete