Monday, June 25, 2018

2018 CSA Week #3

Last week was a bit of a mixed bag. I didn't do great with the lovage or basil and I somehow failed to use all the lettuce. I was gone a lot at lunchtime, so it was harder to just make salads for lunch.  

On the left we have a typical frittata (10 eggs, a bunch of kale that we steam ahead of time, kalamata olives, feta cheese).  On the right is sauteed spinach and green garlic with Parmesan cheese. I make these things all the time!

This week brings us lots of goodies:
Lettuce
Rainbow chard
Scallions
Cucumber
Garlic scapes
Kohlrabi
Basil
1) I'll use the lettuce in a couple of salads.  It's only the third week and I'm sick of lettuce. Ha!
2) I'll eat the cuke and kohlrabi raw as snacks or as part of lunch.
3) I think I'll probably make some pesto with the basil because we got a lot of it. This will also use some of the scapes.
4) We'll make a frittata with the chard (same recipe as above, just substituting steam chard for kale).
5) We probably won't use all the scapes or the scallions this week, but they keep.  I love garlic scapes, so you'll see me using them frequently in the next few weeks.

And that's the plan. Fingers crossed it all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment