Friday, September 29, 2017

CSA Week 17: Let There Be Winter Squash

Yay! Fall is here.  This means great things for me, mostly that the weather is cool again and we get squash in our basket.

Butternut squash
Garlic (x2)
Peppers (x5)
Diakon radish
Leek
Cabbage
Arugula

We rode to school yesterday and then I rode to get the CSA. And then I drove to the grocery store. So much for saving Mother Earth.
The cabbage will make a slaw. I'll use the radish in that slaw, too.

I'll eat the pepper raw.

I'm going to visit my family this weekend and I'm going to round up all the garlic and onions we currently have and give it to them. I'm also going to pawn off the beets we got a few weeks back on someone, too.

I don't know what we'll do with the leek, but we're going to make some squash risotto with that butternut and I might use the leek in place of the onion in that dish.

I put the arugula in someone else's basket.  Seriously. I ain't got time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment