Friday, September 16, 2016

CSA 2016 Week 14: Tomatoes Are Back

This week's basket is definitely a transition basket between summer and fall veggies. There is some interesting stuff here:
Red cabbage
Broccoli
Red onions
Garlic
Lovage
Cherry tomatoes
Lettuce
Red peppers

  • So I'll eat the peppers and tomatoes raw with lunch.
  • Dr. BB will handle the lettuce. We'll use some of it on tacos and then he can use the rest on his sandwiches for lunch.
  • I'll use the cabbage for some slaw. I'll have to get some other crunchy stuff (kohlrabi, turnips, or fennel) at the farmers' market on Saturday to go along with that. I might try the lovage in the slaw, too.
  • We didn't use the broccoli last week and honestly, I kind of hate broccoli, so I'm going to tell Dr. BB that it's his responsibility. Why couldn't it be cauliflower? I would eat that raw.
  • The onions and garlic will just get added to the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment