Friday, September 23, 2016

2016 CSA Week 15: The Arrival of Sweet Potatoes

This week is one of my favorite weeks.  We're getting some seriously delicious treats:
Carrots
Napa cabbage
Yellow onions
Garlic
Sweet potatoes
Sweet peppers
Hot pepper

Lettuce*
Cilantro*




  • I'm going to roast those potatoes and eat them for dinner tonight. I'm going to eat them all. Maybe Dr. BB can have a bite if he asks really nicely.
  • The napa cabbage will be used in a slaw. I have a new recipe I'm going to try that involves slivered almonds, honey, mustard, and carrots, so that might be what I use when I have napa cabbage from now on. We'll see how it goes.
  • I'll eat the peppers and most of the carrots raw with lunch.
  • The garlic and onions...we're so buried at this point that I need to take a giant donation of them over the local food bank.




*We are people who think cilantro tastes like soap, so I happily put our bunch into someone else's basket at our drop off site. I hope they aren't the kind of people who think that cilantro tastes like soap or they're going to be pissed that they have twice as much cilantro as they were supposed to get.  The lettuce didn't look at all appealing, so as soon as I took this photo, I dumped it in the trash. If I think it looks dodgy, there's no way Dr. BB is going to eat it, so that was a bummer.
And I'm actually pretty excited. I think we can use most of this basket fairly quickly and painlessly.  Yay for autumn baskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment