Thursday, October 01, 2015

CSA: Week 17

This week's basket feels particularly bountiful! We got:
Napa cabbage
Honey nut squash (2)
Kale
Sage
Leeks
Garlic
Eggplant (2)
Lettuce
  • I'll make a slaw with the cabbage. I'm going to try to get a kohlrabi bulb at the Farmers' Market on Saturday to use with it.
  • The peppers have not been that good this year. I'll eat them with lunch, but if they're anything like the previous peppers, they'll be disappointing.
  • Some baba ganoush with the eggplant!  Maybe I'll get another one from the Farmers' Market, but if none is available, I'll just make a small batch.
  • The sage will go well with the honey nuts (they taste a bit like butternut, but they're one-size serving.
  • The leeks are mysterious, but I might make a potato leek soup. Maybe.
  • The lettuce smells gross. Dr. BB better deal with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment