Monday, May 04, 2015

12.4 Place - Dealership

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourth day of each month is "Place."
****************************
We paid off our car last October in just under five years and just as the odometer went over 100,000 miles and we went out of warranty.  I still take our car to the dealership to get oil changes, though, mostly because our 2010 Hyundai Elantra has had about a billion recalls,* so I like the reassurance that my anti-lock brakes aren't going to fail me just as they are supposed to do their anti-lock thing. 

So today I spent an hour in the waiting room of our local dealership, waiting for them to replace the inside door handles (!), enjoying coffee from their Keurig, and reading a trashy romance novel on my Kindle.  Don't say that you're not jealous of my Monday morning.
And then I went to the grocery store and then I went to work. Mondays. Who needs them anyway?

*I exaggerate. It's been at least six recalls that I can think of off the top of my head and this seems like a lot to me. Maybe this is a common thing for all automobiles, but the constant barrage of postcards from Hyundai sometimes leaves me concerned that the whole contraption is just going to fall into a million pieces while I'm cruising down I-43 going eighty.  Hence, waiting an hour for some mechanic to replace door handles (!) this morning.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment