Thursday, March 26, 2015

10.26 Support - Good Will Hunting

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will  post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-sixth day of each month is "Support."
****************************
Most of the time, I am the caretaker. Dr. BB is exhausted much of the time when he comes home from work, so he immediately shuts down and I do the rest. I make dinner, take care of the cat, and make sure he has what he needs to function.

But this week has kicked my ass. Dr. BB is doing everything. I couldn't even be fussed to get off the couch to chase the cat off the entertainment center (where she is barred), let alone make dinner, empty the dishwasher, or do laundry.
And I'm grateful to have a partner who just took over for me. He never made me feel like I was doing less than what I expected. He never complained, he never questioned why I was just sitting there with a hotpack on my forehead. He just was supportive, filling my mug of tea over and over again, carefully measuring out medications, and being the one who kept the household going.  

And tomorrow I intend on at least taking a shower. And maybe feeding the cat. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment