Sunday, November 02, 2014

6.2 Animals - Meet Jack

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the second day of each month is "Animals."
****************************
One of my colleagues recently adopted this adorable hound, Jack. He came from Kentucky under somewhat mysterious circumstances, but he doesn't seem to have been abused in any way because he's super friendly.
Jack came to school on Friday (which was Halloween, so I can be forgiven for calling him Jack-o-lantern, right?) to hang out in the department while his human worked for a few hours. What that really meant, of course, was that I hunkered down on the ground to play with Jack and ignored my own work to give him cuddles. He is the sweetest little guy - he doesn't jump or bark or bay, but he crawled onto my lap within five minutes of our meeting and took a treat right from my hand.  His tail never stops wagging, he walks like quite a gentleman on his leash, and it's possible I've spent the weekend plotting how to dognap him.

Obviously Jack and I are going to be very close friends.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment