Sunday, December 05, 2010

Our Little Slice of Christmas


The ribbon we use on our tree is the same ribbon we used on our wedding invitations. When I put it on the tree, it makes feel incredibly grateful to be married to a man who thinks this little ritual is just as important as I do. It's only a little tree because we aren't really in our apartment for Christmas proper. But for the next two and a half weeks, this is going to remind me to be happy for the holidays, happy for the time we have together, and happy that the snow chose Friday afternoon to come down in eight glorious inches so I could have all weekend to enjoy it.




It's just that he's lost so much weight that I look like a human elephant here. But regardless, we were so pleased with our tree that we couldn't resist cheesy Vanna White poses with it.



It's not much, but it's all ours.

4 comments:

  1. Just know I wouldn't love you if you weren't complete dorks just like me. It's what makes us a happy family. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful little tree! It's great that you use ribbon with so much meaning.

    You mentioned your husband being sick, but that photo was still shocking! You look fine, but I got worried looking at him. I'm praying wisdom for the doctors and health and peace for the two of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/07/2010

    Your tree is super cute, and I LOVE that it's decorated with ribbon from your invitations! You guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete