Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Last 17 Days

Roadtrip songs of repetition played on endless rotation on country radio from Minnesota to North Carolina: Undo It by Carrie Underwood and Love Like Crazy by Lee Brice

Texts sent to my husband quoting Carrie Underwood songs: Approximately a dozen

Seashells collected: Approximately a million

Pictures taken: Two and a half rolls. Yes, I still use FILM. And I need to use up the rest of that roll before I get it developed.

Number of beds, not my own, slept in: 6

Days at the beach: 5.5

Days away from my husband: 11

Days away from my husband that I cried on the phone because I missed him: 4 (we are not doing that again)

Bottles of sunscreen used: 2

Days back in Minneapolis: 1

Delight at being back home: Too much to express in numbers


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite an adventure, darling!
    Love this post!
    Welcome back!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you still use film! It's very romantic and highly underrated. I also love the new look to your blog. :)
    My husband recently had to go out of town for work for a week. I cried almost everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that you are using film. I have my grandpa's old cameras and often think I should dig them out, but then end up defaulting to the ease of digital.

    Sounds like a fantastic trip (except for missing your hubby).

    Welcome home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy to hear that you like country. I'm a country girl myself. :)

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete