Monday, August 30, 2010

Cleaning My Kindle

I have a collection on my Kindle labeled "Read books" and that's where I put books once I've read them. That is, if I don't delete a book because it sucks so badly I'll never want to read it ever again for sure.

When I don't do one of these posts for a while, I see all these books on my Kindle when I open it up and it stresses me out big time!! So here's what I've been reading.

Big Jack by J.D. Robb - This is a book from the In Death series featuring Eve Dallas and Roarke. I don't know how I missed this book in sequence (maybe it was originally in a collaboration?) , but it was a solid early book from the series.

Gone to Green by Judy Christie - A newspaper editor moves to a small southern town after acquiring the local newspaper. It was quirky and enjoyable - a nice light book.

The Goddess of Fried Okra by Jean Brashear - The main character in this book is a bit ditsy with no sense of forward thinking, so it took me quite some time to warm up to her, but once I did I loved this book. I love the characters and the small town charm.

Curious Folks Ask by Sherry Seethaler - This is a collection of questions and answers about history, inventions, and other assorted interesting things. As I was reading this, I find myself asking Dr. BB "did you know that people who are more fit sweat faster and earlier?" and "did you know thiamin was the first vitamin discovered?" If you are the kind of person who finds it important to increase your stores of trivial information, you'll love this book.

Germs, Genes, & Civilization by David P. Clark - Basically, this is a just a look at history with the interpretation that every major event in history was the product of disease. Great stuff.

I'm currently reading The Works of L.M. Montgomery and I'm enjoying it greatly. It may take me a while to get through it, though.

5 comments:

  1. I downloaded The Goddess of Fried Okra, too, when it was free, before they raised the price to eight dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8/31/2010

    I love your description of "Curious Folks Ask." I do love having loads of trivial information at my fingertips. Strangely, the people I choose to share my knowledge with do not seem to find it quite as fascinating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must read that second to last one!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new here! Would love you to come visit me too :)

    http://www.trying2staycalm.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day I'm going to get a Kindle (I hope)!

    It certainly would be much more practical for RV living...

    stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

    ReplyDelete