Friday, January 15, 2010

How I Spent My Money

I spent a lot of money today - most of it was grown up stuff like putting gas in the truck and doing maintenance on the truck - but some was a bit...less necessary.

#1: This delectable stretch velvet jacket from Ann Taylor. Originally priced at $175, it was marked on sale at $59.99 and then there was an additional 25% off!! And I snapped it up. It's awesome because it has that fabulous ribbon tie in the front OR you can put in these buttons that cleverly detach. I am in love with this jacket and may find myself wearing it every day.



Then, as if that was enough spending to do, I also purchased this awesome ruffle top from The Limited ($19.50 - no sale - I'm a sucker).



I am going to wear the ruffle shirt under the jacket of awesomeness, pair them with my delectable black skirt with a ribbon bottom, some boring black tights*, and my Cole Haan boots (see #11 in this post if you care about the boots) and rock out at becoming the coolest godparent ever at our niece and nephew's baptism on Sunday. I promise to post a picture of my awesome outfit. Okay, fine, pictures of the newly baptized babies.

*I wanted to wear some tights that are argyle with this ensemble, but BB vetoed it, claiming that with the velvet and the ruffles there was already a lot going on. So boring black tights it is. I may sneak in the argyle tights anyway and see if it too much when I try it on Sunday morning. Because, really, can socks ever be too much? Especially when you're only going to see about two inches of them between the skirt and the boots?

2 comments:

  1. cute stuff! Love that jacket. I say do argyle tights. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for the argyle, BB does not know what he is talking about!

    ReplyDelete