Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bring My Bee Back

Dear NBC,

You may not know this, but Tuesday is my favorite day of the week. Do you know why? Because cute little Joey Fatone comes on and hosts "The Singing Bee." Last week, on Halloween, I watched a great episode filled with scary songs. I was promised (PROMISED) that this week, going along with your "Green Week" theme, I would see a new Bee. You showed previews where the set was all green and cute little Joey Fatone was all dressed in green and I was sooooo excited I could hardly wait.

Even Biker Boy gets into the game. We make popcorn and cuddle together on the couch and talk about how surprising it is that we both actually like cute little Joey Fatone. The first time we watched this show, we were quite prepared to hate him. But, it turns out, we both adore him. He's great on the fly, filled with great ad libs, and he seems to actually like the songs and the contestants on the show. And how adorable is Ray Chew, the band leader? It's not unheard of in our apartment for someone to mimic Ray by "singing" like Ray does. "It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN." And on Tuesday, we get excited starting around 6:00...knowing it is only an hour before the Bee begins!!

So imagine my complete and utter disappointment when I turned on NBC last night, right at 7:00 and the freaking "Biggest Loser" was on!! (FYI - two hours of a bunch of overweight people sweating and whining about it is not my idea of a good time. Especially as a replacement to the Bee. Although Jillian can be my pretend girlfriend.) And imagine my even bigger disappointment when I checked on line and saw this little tag on the Bee's homepage: "Returning soon!" You better be serious. I want my show back next week!!!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment