Saturday, October 13, 2007

Turn it off!!

Once upon a time, I could eat breakfast while watching CNN to make sure that the world didn't explode while I was sleeping. Now, thanks to this router thing Biker Boy has rigged up in our apartment, he can play music from his computer through the stereo in the living area, so he comes up with a playlist for breakfast listening. Every morning. (Everyone will quietly mourn my ability to watch CNN now.)

Most mornings I say nothing, because, let's be honest, I gave up my right to listen to my own music when I made the decision to move in with the boy (see here). But this morning I was in the office quietly doing research on gluten-free meal ideas that don't sound like too much work or sound too disgusting (see here and here) while Biker Boy made breakfast (yay!! he made breakfast for me!!) and I heard this NOISE coming from the stereo.

"What is this?"
"What is what?" (nice of you to point out my unmodified pronoun, Mr. Smart Ass)
"This NOISE."
"It's the new Radiohead."
"Did I say we could listen to crap this morning?"
"Nope. You get to listen to good stuff this morning."
"Then turn this off."

Sorry to all the Radiohead fans out there. I like my music to have a melody and be pretty. Not noisy and polyphonic-like. Eventually Radiohead was replaced with Magnetic Fields and the ingenious stylings of Stephin Merritt, which was a change greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment