Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Madness, I Say

I have a print of a pig jumping off a pier into water. Because, for all of you out there who don't know, I am obsessed with pigs. In a somewhat unhealthy way.

Anyway, this print is 50 cm by 70 cm. And it seems as if Target and Kmart don't make frames in centimeter sizes. The closest I could get was a frame that was like 22 inches by 28 inches and that was just an inch or two too big. So I bought the big frame and then went to an unspecified craft store and searched for a mat to put in the too big frame. I thought I was being clever because the mat would cover up the fact that the frame was too big. The biggest frames the unspecified craft store had was 16 inches by 20 inches, which was too small. So, at this point, I ask the unhelpful lady at the unspecified craft store about what my options were in terms of obtaining a mat for my new frame.

"Well, you could make one."

"Okay, no. Have you ever seen my knife wielding skills?"

"You could custom order it."

"Oh, how much would that cost me?"

At this point, she names a price that cost approximately double the combined costs of both the print and the cheap frame I bought at Target.

"Okay, no."

Then, I looked at the IKEA catalog online. Wheeeee!!!!!!! European sizes all around. The next time I have a free day (looks like that should be sometime in November), I'm getting a Ribba frame!!! Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

P.S. Bestest friend is having a baby today!!!! To say I am excited is not doing justice to the giddiness that is NGS....

No comments:

Post a Comment