Friday, March 03, 2006

Running Wild in the Streets

Wednesday night, we went to IKEA. I had a list of two items that needed to be purchased while there. Unfortunately, you don't just go to IKEA and buy two things. You consider the twenty-five cent alarm clock, because it is ONLY twenty-five cents. No, of course I don't NEED it, but it's ONLY twenty-five cents.

Biker Boy said that he was not going to buy anything. This lasted until the PILLOWS. Yay!! I'm convinced that his old pillow had been his for YEARS. So we went through and pushed on all the pillows. I could see the panic set in as Biker Boy became confused by the oh so many choices he had. Extra high, high, or low. What would you do with an extra high pillow? You'd kill your neck? Does he want a synthetic pillow or a down pillow? Standard or queen?

Eventually we picked a pillow and once the decision was made that BB was going to spend money, our cart filled up quickly.

I purchased one bookcase (his name is Billy), one office chair (his name is Stefano), and a frame (not a cool name to be made fun of).

Yesterday, I was downtown and I got lost in the skyways. Sometimes I get turned around. I don't have the iron in my nose. I don't instinctively know what direction north is. And I passed by Williams Sonoma. And then I stopped, turned around, and went into the store. To buy a SALAD SPINNER. With a BRAKE. I love my new salad spinner. It makes me happy. No more soggy lettuce!!!

And now I can't spend money on anything. Ever again. Because consumerism has gone RAMPANT in the NGS household.

2 comments:

  1. OHM we went to Ikea too, except on monday. i don't know why that would be exciting to tell you, but it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went last week to get debate timers -- they have the BEST ones (kitchen timers with the rubber black or red bumbers on them... they last forever and are $5.00).

    I can't believe we got out of there for under $100.00. I love IKEA because you can get a tall bookshelf for about $20.00 -- and it does exactly what it is supposed to do -- it holds up your books, and it doesn't look bad either.

    ReplyDelete