Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Bountiful Optimism

Okay, so here are reasons I am happy I am me. 1) Today I got to lay down on the grass in the sun in the middle of the day and take a nap. The ability to look outside and see the sun shining and the leaves rustling in the trees and say, "hey, I should go lay out there for a bit and soak up some of that nice outdoorsy atmosphere" and then actually do it in the middle of the day is something to be thankful for. Yes, I had to stay up later tonight to make up for my truancy in the middle of the day, but it made me happy and that was what mattered. 2) Today I got to eat lunch with a friend and we discussed big, important things, like the relative merits of mushy oatmeal or oatmeal that is so dry you can sculpt it and which local radio station was the best and how to best clean his nasty, nasty, nasty floors that look like they haven't been cleaned since the 70s. 3) We baked pumpkin bread muffins last week and we just pulled some of them out of the freezer for breakfast tomorrow!! Whoo hoo!! Muffins for breakfast. 4) My best friend in the universe sent me an email today and told me that she loves me. 5) I had ice cream today. The real stuff. No soy. No yogurt. Straight, from the cow, creamy ice cream. 6) My cell phone ringer makes me giggle. "War" by Edwin Starr. What is it good for, anyway? 7) John Kerry might win the election, right? Right? Right? 8) I had a super-productive day today, so I can go to sleep thinking that I have done as much as I can and crawl under my blankets and slip off to peaceful dreams without panicking because something still has to be done for tomorrow. 9) New shoes from Payless!! Brown with pink (PINK!) laces. 10) All of my books for the semester have arrived at long last!! I will no longer have to make photocopies of books I have purchased but have not received in the mail, yet!! Whoo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment