Thursday, July 06, 2017

CSA Week #5: I Give Up

We haven't been home at all. My mother-in-law died last Saturday and we've been dealing with the long protracted business of death. But on Thursday I drove home for the triple purposes of feeding Zelda the Cat, picking up the CSA, and meeting the electrician who is going to do some work tomorrow morning.

The basket brings up the following:
Zucchini (2)
Kohlrabi (1)
Cabbage (2 small heads)
Russian kale
Basil
Scallions
Mizuna
Sweet peas




When I got home, I went through the fridge and threw away an obscene amount of produce. I can't imagine when we're going to do better.  I'll try. I will eat the peas and kohlrabi for lunch. I might attempt to make some sauerkraut with the cabbage. The zukes will probably get grilled for a side for dinner. The scallions will inevitably join their brethren in the trash can in a couple of weeks. 

The kale will be used in an egg dish. I give up on the basil and mizuna. 
Let's hope things get better soon.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you and your husband and his family warm thoughts for peace and healing.

    ReplyDelete