Thursday, February 02, 2017

January Sewing Project

I'm not going to lie. I've done this project several times before. But I've finally mastered it! I'm sorry to all those people who've gotten inferior baby presents, but this time, this baby is getting quality.
I got this pattern from One Yard Wonders and I keep using it because it just turns out right each time. There's a tactile blanket, a bib, and a drawstring bag. It's pretty boss, if I can be allowed to compliment myself. The flannel giraffe print was too cute to pass up when it was on clearance at Jo-Ann Fabric ($2.79 a yard with limited availability - go get some now!!).
I combined the striped and giraffe prints with this adorable monster print (keeping orange as the thematic color) and made a cube. I got this pattern from Handmade for Baby, but if I'm being 100% honest, the directions are almost worthless. I've only figured out how to make this with lots of trial and error and hours watching YouTube videos.  I also make my cube about 50% larger than the original pattern recommends.

I'm going to guess this cost about $30 altogether. Most of that cost was in fabric, a few bucks was on thread, the polyfill for the cube was $3 on sale, and I had scraps of ribbon for the blanket, so that was negligible. It took me about six or seven hours to do all together.

I'm also working on a dress I've been working on since November or so. I vow that it will be done by the end of February, so if you're looking for me between now and March 1, I'll be hunched over my ironing board and sewing machine. 

1 comment:

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila