Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Yearly Goals, Quarter Two

This is probably not particularly interesting to anyone else, but this is a follow-up to the goals I set early in the year. Quarter One is here.

Area One: Fitness Goals
1) Get 10,000 steps a day on my Fitbit.

In the 91 days from April through June, I didn't get 10,000 steps on five days. One of those days was because my Fitbit battery was being weird and I did actually get more than 10,000 steps that day. I could make excuses for the rest of the days (illness, travel, whatever), but this is a 95.6% completion rate, so I think this is going well. My average is about 12,3000 steps per day, so I think it's going all right.

2) Work out at least three times a week (90 minutes total).
Week 14: 3 workouts (weights)
Week 15: 3 workouts (weights)
Week 16: 3 workouts (weights), 2 bike rides to school
Week 17: 3 workouts (weights), 3 bike rides to school
Week 18: 2 workouts (weights), 4 bike rides to school
Week 19: 3 workouts (weights)
Week 20: 3 workouts (weights), 2 bike rides to school
Week 21: 3 workouts (weights), 1 bike ride to school
Week 22: 3 workouts (weights), 2 bike rides to school
Week 23: 3 workouts (weights), 1 bike ride to school
Week 24: 4 workouts (weights)
Week 25: 3 workouts (weights), 1 bike ride to school
Week 26:3 workouts (weights)

I only missed my goal that one week, but I did ride my bike a lot that week, so I'm pretty sure that means I was just super busy at school during that time.  I kind of want to bump this up to four times a week and I'm certainly not there yet, but my average is at 3 workouts a week, so I'm going to say that my completion of this goal is still going well.

3) Lift weights at least once a week.
100%!!! I actually kind of secretly love to lift now. I don't love lunges and squats, but bicep curls and triceps extensions are kind of fun.

Overall, my fitness goals are going well.

Area Two: Communication Goals
1) Update blog at least twice a week.

In April, I published 6 posts, in May I published 2, and in June I published 15. Gulp.  That's 1.8 a week. It's an improvement over last quarter's 1.6, but it's still not at 2.  I'm not going to give up on this. I'll keep trying. I have an editorial calendar of what I should write about and I think I'll spend some time this week revising it and attempting to make sure I'm meeting this goal.

2) Talk to important people (mom, sister, two best friends) at least once every two weeks.

*sigh* I still haven't developed a system for tracking this. I can keep track of texts, but that's not really talking, is it?  I'm also really hesitant to call people on the phone because I always feel like I'm interrupting. My husband talks to his parents every Sunday evening (they call him) and I kind of wish I had appointments like this to talk to people, but my work schedule is so erratic that I've just never actually taken the initiative to do so. I'll think on how to improve this.

3) Keep track of sent snail mail.

Ha ha. Not going to happen. I just send so much. Maybe next year when I'm not compulsively tracking my fitness goals, I'll get better at this.

These communication goals are a real disappointment.

Area Three: Being a Grown-Up
1) Put away $X a month into savings account each month.

Yes, I actually put 30% more in than I was anticipating.  We are actually well over our savings goal for a down payment which we're excited about because it means we might be able to do some small renovations if the house we buy isn't perfect.

2) Keep the house clean so that you wouldn't be embarrassed if someone stopped by unexpectedly.

Our house is fine. It really is.  I mean, there is always clutter on our bar area and I don't want to talk about the desk in my home office (I clear it off once a week and by the next week it's a disaster).  Look, the thing is that we have a cat and she has so much fur and I already vacuum every other day and if you come in on the off day, I guess I don't care if you judge me.  We're actually pretty tidy people and I think our house mostly reflects that.

I think I'll give myself a pass at adulting.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/14/2016

    Okay, I have been toying around with the idea of setting mid-year goals, and this is VERY COOL to see. A) Your goals seem so reasonable and smart! and B) you are doing SO GREAT.

    ReplyDelete