Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Break, Days 1 - 3

Day 1: Friday
I don't on Fridays, so technically I started my Spring Break on Friday. If you ignore the hours of grading I did in the morning, I didn't work on Friday!  Woot.

Instead I went to the eye doctor.
The office where I go to get my eyes checked has two doctors - a father and son team. Last year, the father told me that I was on the bubble for reading glasses. This year the son told me I was way too young for that bullshit. I agree withe Doctor the Younger.

Then I went home, worked out (Fitness Blender HIIT for thirty minutes, yo) and GRADED FOR HOURS. This Spring Break thing isn't working out for me much.

Anyway, we also went to see a couple of local bands play at a local coffee shop place Friday night.  It was dark and I took a picture, but all you can see is dark, so that's that.

Day 2: Saturday
We had a leisurely lie-in on Saturday morning and by the time I finished my morning tea and showered and GRADED FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS, it was time for me to go for a walk.  I meandered.
We then went to the grocery store to buy kale and wrapping paper and then rushed home like mad people to make dinner and pack. Also, I was feeling pretty sore from my HIIT workout on Friday, so I did a stretch and relaxation Fitness Blender workout (and by "relaxation," the video actually means "will make you moan and not in a good way) while dinner was in the oven.

And then we drove to Iowa. 

Things there are not so good. Dr. BB's mom's cancer treatment has officially stopped working. This is not putting Dr. BB in a good mood these days.

 Day 3: Sunday
After some breakfast and an hour-long drive, we went to my youngest niece's second birthday party.  She was typically serious and unimpressed with Aunt NGS, but that didn't stop me from trying to buy her affections with not one, but TWO books.  The kid likes books.  She ignored the Minnie Mouse toys and new dresses to play with the books. That pleases me.  (The very pointed books I chose were The Pout-Pout Fish by Deborah Diesen and A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni.)
And I also got to meet my youngest nephew for the first time. He seems like an okay little dude.

Then we drove home, stopping for some errands in Madison, where I ran into one of our co-workers in the middle of a random World Market (and met his lady friend, which makes TWO NEW PEOPLE IN ONE DAY).

And then we came home, I went for a walk, we ate dinner, and I wrote this. We'll watch The Walking Dead tonight, and then fall into bed.  And that's that.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to learn of Ted's mother's illness. Uff da. May her suffering -- and that of the family -- be minimal.

    ReplyDelete