Friday, March 20, 2015

10.20 Lessons - Not as Young as You Feel

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twentieth day of each month is "Lessons."
****************************
I forget sometimes that I'm getting older. It's not that I'm in denial about my age, but that I still don't really think of myself as much different than when I was twenty or twenty-five or thirty.  I mean, some things are different, but I still do all the same things I did back then.

So, I was not expecting the eye doctor to "hmmmm..." at me when I told him that the horizontal lines got darker than the vertical lines at the third option.

"You're on the bubble.  Maybe you might want to consider some reading glasses."

Fuck you, sir. I am thirty-five, not eighty-five.

Reading glasses. Harumph.  That doctor will be lucky if I remember to get my exam next year.
Okay, fine. Maybe my eyes are deteriorating in just the way they are predicted to so AT MY AGE.

Fuck it. My cat still loves me. Even though I'm old.
*****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. I love you because you'll always be 6 months older than me :)

    ReplyDelete