Friday, May 08, 2015

12.8 Love - Jingle Jangle

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eighth day of each month is "Love."
****************************
You can tell that I'm itching to be done with the semester because, despite the fact that I knew I had to go into the office to write tests (THERE IS NOTHING MORE TEDIOUS THAN WRITING MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS), I just kept putting on more and more bracelets.  Bracelets and typing at a computer don't always get along.

My bracelet collection is a bit ridiculous at this point. I tend to buy bracelets (or patches) as souvenirs because I know I'll actually wear them, but then when I try to figure out what to wear, I want to put them all because they're all meaningful to me.

Below you will find a Harry Potter bracelet that was a present from The Angry Taoist, my silver link bracelet that was a present from Dr. BB that I wear almost every day, and a bunch of orange bracelets I bought when I was somewhere with my sister (she bought a set in pink).
On my other wrist I have a beaded flower bracelet that my mother gave me years ago, a rubber band from the Garth Brooks tour, and three plastic cords that I bought at the art museum in Minneapolis last summer (you can see these pieces here).

The thing to note is that I had a few more on this morning, but I ended up editing to just the bare minimum.

And it makes me feel loved to be surrounded by presents and memories on my wrists. Even if I do resemble the inside of a five year-old's birthday party gift bag.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment