Friday, May 29, 2015

12.29 Music - I Dare You Not to Cry at "Kerosene"

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-ninth day of each month is "Music."
****************************
Can we talk about The Bottle Rockets? Specifically, The Brooklyn Side?   I know people compare them to The Drive-By Truckers and I get that, I really do, but I really like The Bottle Rockets better

(and oh so much better than Jason Isbell who gets lots of love, but not from me because I have way better things to do than listen to the same song about an abuser who abuses and his recovery over and over and over again and oh my heavens do I have THE FEELS about Jason Isbell who everyone I know insists I should love, but I DO NOT CARE about his addiction)

and so I want to make sure everyone else knows about how awesome, if slightly depressing, they are.  It's like John Cougar before he became John Mellencamp meets early Springsteen with a dash of Trampled by Turtles.  Just listen. You'll like it. Probably.
And we have this awesome amplifier in our living room. And, strangely, even though we thought FOR SURE she would scratch it, the cat exhibits absolutely no interest in it at all. I mean, from the human perspective, it looks like a very tempting scratching post, but from Zelda's perspective the SCREEN DOOR is still her favorite of all favorite off-limits THING TO DESTROY.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment