Sunday, April 05, 2015

11.5 Fun - Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fifth day of each month is "Fun."
****************************
I don't look forward to any other event involving children more than the annual Easter egg hunt. We have been especially lucky in the last five years or so that it has always been sunny and warmish for Easter, so we put color-coded eggs out in the yard and the kids spend a good fifteen minutes finding their colors.  Wait, let me be clear. I allow one person to help me hide the eggs (while the kids are eating brunch and the blinds have been drawn and this is a Top Secret Mission) and then I giggle in glee when the kids can't figure out where the eggs are.  I mean, if you're three or under, I just put your eggs in the grass, but if you're older, IT'S ON. It's my personal mission to make sure my oldest niece is challenged.
There are two golden eggs and every kid looks for them, but each year we have a rotation for who gets them (there's a fifty cent piece in it for the lucky ones!). Those eggs are always really hard to find and today I put one on the flowers on the door and those kids were STUMPED. I was happy, my mother-in-law thought it was hysterically funny, and my husband rolled his eyes at my absolute glee.
And my five-year old niece came up to me afterwards and whispered, "I saw you hiding the eggs, Aunt NGS. But I won't tell anyone else.  I'll tell them the Easter Bunny did it." BUT I DREW THE BLINDS!!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment