Wednesday, April 01, 2015

11.1 Detour - The Beach

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the first day of each month is "Detour."
****************************
Today was SO WEIRD. And I just typed out why it was weird and realized it would be boring for anyone but me, but let me just reassure you that it was an odd day. And the thing is that I kept doing things that I would normally never do on a random Wednesday during the school year, but I never had my camera with me.

Until I went to the beach.  I hadn't planned on the beach. I was waiting for Dr. BB to finish his haircut and I looked at the map and realized we were only five blocks away water and sand.  I walked those five blocks, plopped my ass down in the (fine, cold) sand, and just listened to the sound of the waves and let it soothe my winter-weary soul.

Yes, the first day of the calendar year that the thermometer rises to 70 degrees, people in Wisconsin go to the beach. Okay, well, we don't like sunbathe in bikinis* or anything, but we walk on the sand, ride our bikes up and down the lakefront path, and smile at each other. Smiling does not happen in January, I assure you.
I went to the beach today.  All is right with the world.

*At least, I did not see this happening.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment