Friday, March 27, 2015

10.27 Media - E-Book Obsessed

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-seventh day of each month is "Media."
****************************
Have I mentioned recently that I've essentially been couchbound for the last three days with a sinus headache?  Even the thump of the cat jumping off her tree (aren't cats supposed to be graceful?) has been enough to just about drive me to chopping off my skull, so the only thing I could really do was read if I kept my head really, really still.

Trashy romance novels for the win.
In the last week, I've read the first three books in the Mara Jacobs' Worth series (okay books, but they increased in quality each time so the third was by far the best, but still kind of annoyed me that kids = happily ever after and JUST HAVE A CONVERSATION and it will fix your problems), the first four books in Kallypso Masters' Rescue Me Saga (fine, but by the last book I was done, even though the series continues on - the female characters all seemed to be exactly the same damsel in distress to me, so I gave up), and the first five of Roxie Rivera's Her Russian Protector series (very hot, but in this case all the MEN were the same macho, over-aggressive character, but it's so good I'm going to keep reading more of Rivera - it looks like her book In Kelly's Corner is free right now, so maybe start there!).  It only takes me a couple of hours to read each one and I've had NOTHING ELSE TO DO, so don't be too impressed.

I still have a mile-high pile of grading to do that didn't seem fair to do while I was feeling ill.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment