Tuesday, March 24, 2015

10.24 Pain - Welcome to Spring

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-fourth day of each month is "Pain."
****************************
You know what's kind of painful?  Snow on the ground during your Spring Break.

I like to imagine that children were actually playing with this ball when the first snow flakes fell and they just ran inside and sobbed into their mom's apron. Yes, it's a sexist imaginary scenario filled with stereotypes from 1950s era television.
On the bright side, the temperatures are warm enough that I don't think the snow will be here for much longer.

So Dr. BB and I forced our coughing, wheezing selves out of the apartment today to walk downtown to go to the pet store to buy necessities for the cat.
This little girl welcomed us at the door. She will allow you to coo at her and tell her how beautiful she is, but she does not enjoy pets. At least not from people who are buying CAT supplies.

And that is that. Dogs who won't let me pet them and snow on the ground are painful for me today. That seems like a life well lived to me.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment