Thursday, March 19, 2015

10.19 My Best Friend - Constant

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the nineteenth day of each month is "My Best Friend."
****************************
I listen to a podcast called A Way with Words and on a recent episode the host mentioned that she uses the term "anyway friends" to describe the kind of friend you can go without seeing for years, then pick right back up with, as though no time has passed.  It's rare that Bestest Friend and I go for YEARS without seeing each other, but it's always like I saw her yesterday.

And it's because while I don't see her every day, she is with me every day. I hear her whenever a Kid Rock or Uncle Kracker song comes on, singing alternate lyrics. I see her when I see German shepherds riding in pickup trucks. I think of her when I'm at Walgreens, adding yet more lip balm to my collection, knowing that within the next month or two I'll send her a package with one of the tubes included.  Every time I moan and grumble about having to write in my blog every day, I think about how excited we were to start this project and how I'm still hanging on because of her (AND WE'RE ALMOST DONE).
So the reason it seems like it was just yesterday I saw her is because it was just yesterday I saw her. She just wasn't here.

(Bestest Friend just adopted two new adorable puppies. Go tell her how adorable they are and how much you want to give them smooches and cuddles!!)
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment